Back to Jobs
Application Developer - Platform
This role is for the Platform's Authorization Team, an agile team comprised of engineers, testers, an architect, a product manager, a project manager, and an engineering manager. This team implements the platform’s authorization service, which is a RESTful Ruby on Rails service built on a PostgreSQL database. It has many APIs to help users and applications configure roles and permissions for their clients and answer questions. The team is a backend team that relies heavily on graphs and is constantly presented with difficult performance and scalability challenges that require innovative solutions.
The Software Engineer Function is responsible for hands-on development of our software applications. The Engineer is one who works very quickly to resolve high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
Required Education & Experience:
• Four-year college degree preferred; major in computer science, information systems or life sciences a plus
• Requires a minimum of 4 years of experience with relevant programming technologies, such as C#, Ruby, SQL or 2 years of experience and MS.
• Experience developing and/or maintaining a production application
• Experience working in a regulated environment preferred
• Experience with clinical research processes preferred
• Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum preferred