Back to Jobs
Senior Oracle DBA
Work location: Woodland Hills, CA.
· Build solutions to database centric problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services and products at scale
· Perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties such as consultation, recommendation and provide solutions in overall systems design, development, and delivery
· Manage the establishment and configuration of SaaS infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time
· Develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational best practices and procedures
· Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand-based auto scaling
· Work closely with the Product Development (PD) team and be the DevOps voice to ensure scalability & performance becomes part of the app architecture
· Perform day-to-day support activities to support RTB (run the business) process that involve performing database updates and other activities to keep the customers and application impact to minimum
· Be on-call on a rotational basis to support production issues during US business hours
· 10+ years of experience in diverse fields of IT specializing in Oracle Administration in a production environment.
· 10+ years of experience as Oracle DBA including application design expertise related to high performance OLTP applications and Application Security design
· Hands on experience configuring Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Flashback data Archive, Oracle Data Guard, and debugging issues related to these products
· 2+ years of experience in managing production Oracle instances in AWS. Nice to have.
· Working knowledge of PL/SQL, scripting languages like Perl, Python or similar
· Experience in supporting web based, highly available, mission critical applications including logical and physical database design, SDLC support, performance tuning, deployment automation and monitoring.
· Experience reviewing, designing and developing data models in conjunction with the application development teams
· Experience implementing comprehensive solutions for database health monitoring
· Experience using Transparent Data Encryption to encrypt data at rest.
· Excellent hands-on experience on Oracle 11g and/or 12c
· Strong project management skills; able to take a goal from start to finish with little supervision.
· Prior experience in migrating Oracle databases from private datacenter to public cloud with near zero downtime is a big plus
· Experience on other relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server is a big plus
· 24*7 on-call production database support experience is a must.
Talent Acquisition- North America
Phone: 510-399-7822 | Mobile: 510-585-1527 | email: email@example.com
Address: 6627 Dumbarton Circle Fremont CA 94555