||Linux System Admin
|No of Positions:
Preferably a B.E Computers, Electronics or MCA, M.Sc IT
Red Hat Linux Certified (RHCE).
- System engineering expertise - design and develop self-service and automation tools and systems to ensure efficient and reliable site operations
- Manage and monitor systems to drive troubleshooting and tuning
- Support production deployments.
- Be the point of contact for production issues and alerts (24/7)
- Understand all components of the site infrastructure in order to analyze impact of alarms and other system messages
- Work with external teams to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution
- Utilize industry standard and custom tools to diagnose and resolve production issues
- Resolve errors and alarms quickly and provide timely escalation
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site features and functions.
- Partner cross-functionally on all deployment strategies, incident triage, and best practice implementation.
|Primary- Skill Set Required:
- 6+ years of Systems Engineering Experience.
- Ability to manage and troubleshoot large scale systems and high transaction web operations environments
- Experienced with large and distributed systems like cloud computing (hadoop), web services, multi-tierserving architectures etc. a plus.
- Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Willing to work in a shift model - 12 hours a shift.
- Production experience with large scale deployment and or configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Tivoli, Opsware, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of monitoring systems like Nagios, NewRelic.
- UNIX shell scripting skills and ability to build self-served tools.
- Some working experience with Perl, PHP, Ruby or Python
- Experience with AWS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
|Secondary/ Good to have- Skill Set:
- Web Server installation and configuration (Apache preferred)
- Application Server installation & configuration (Ruby On Rails, PHP)
- Basic Installation & configuration any database