Back to Jobs
Endpoint Engineer_ IT Support
Established in 1998, eTouch Systems is a technology services company that specializes in Digital Web Engineering. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth for Global 1000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations. We partner with leading global hi-tech enterprises to service their business and technology needs.
Seeking a motivated professional who possesses an excellent customer service attitude, a degree of creativeness in troubleshooting and problem solving, and who is ready to grow their career by being part of the team that maintains our desktop infrastructure. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC/server, hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The successful candidate will learn how to troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required, working as part of a team. The incumbent must demonstrate a full understanding of industry practices and policies to ensure flawless support to our business partners. The successful candidate will have three 3+ years of experience independently supporting large-size corporate locations in a fast paced, production environment.
This person will be working in our Oasis team, which means that they will need to have excellent customer service skills. This team's clients are within the VMware organization. Our preference is someone who has experience with Linux, Apple and ESX. Must be familiar with R&D tech duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide on-going operational support including operating systems releases, upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, security updates, and any system change activities
• Performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning for all end-user systems
• Build new systems (laptop and desktop), and new hires deployment
• Supporting PDAs: configuration support, synchronization support
• Serve as Tier 2 support to the help desk to resolve desktop system issues as reported by the end-users
• Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
• Identify solutions for network security; provide Spyware, Adware and, virus protection.
• Ensure adequate customer follow up communications and timely issue status updates to customer and IT management.
• Create a formal mentorship with IT Desktop peer(s) to share lessons learned and IT knowledge
• Network with cross-functional teams to leverage best practices
• Assist customers with identifying and specifying hardware and software needs to address business requirements, aligning with IT standards where possible.
• Familiar with server hardware, software installation and maintenance, in coordination with Corporate IT (e.g. SAN/NAS storage, Network).
• Familiar with network implementation and maintenance, in coordination with Corporate IT (e.g. routers, switches, wireless).
• Create and update documentation (Intranet FAQs, User guides, Standard Operating Procedures, Knowledgebase) for IT supported services and applications.
• Identify current operational process inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement.
Work Experience Requirements
• Minimum 3-5 years IT experience
• Must have demonstrated the ability to successfully work as part of a team.
• Must have working knowledge of operating systems (i.e., Microsoft, Apple, Linux, etc.)
• Must have working knowledge of PC hardware architecture
• Must have working knowledge of desktop applications, (i.e., MS Office, virus scan, vpn, imaging software, etc.)
• Must have working knowledge of desktop architecture build methodologies
• Must have an understanding of other IT disciplines, (i.e., Telecom, Datacom, Messaging, Server operations, etc.)
• Proven Customer Service skills
• Excellent written and oral communication
• The ability to lift 50lbs
• Experience with VMware desktop products (Fusion, Player, Workstation etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
• ITIL foundation certification is a plus
• Minimum 2-year degree in Computer Science or related field OR degree from Technical Trade School
• Preferred candidates will have basic industry certifications, COMP TIA or A+
• Preferred candidates will have Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE)
Raju | eTouch Systems | Work: +1.510.795.4800 X 159 Mobile: +1.510.585.1527| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: +1.510.795.4803 | URL: www.etouch.net Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/graju/
Custom Development Solutions| Integration & Support Services| Professional Services
6627 Dumbarton Circle | Fremont, CA 94555