Back to Jobs
Senior Threat Analyst
Established in 1998, eTouch Systems is a technology services company that specializes in Digital Web Engineering. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth for Global 1000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations. We partner with leading global hi-tech enterprises to service their business and technology needs including Google, VMware, Intuit, Cisco, Yahoo, Sony, PG&E , Kaiser, Symantec, Adobe amongst others enabling the success of their Software as well as IT infrastructure development initiatives through the quality of our consultants.
Role: Threat Analyst
Location: San Ramon, CA.
Duration: 12+ Months
Job Title: Threat Analyst – Senior Level
Company and Department Overview - The Cybersecurity function is led by Vice President - Chief Information Security Officer and is responsible for cybersecurity and risk management across the organization. The Security Intelligence and Operations Center (SIOC) is responsible for ensure that identifies and assesses threats to its network and data, monitors its network for malicious activity, investigates intrusions and other relevant events, and has a sophisticated and detailed understanding of the evolving threat landscape.
Position Summary - This is a challenging and fast passed position in Security Intelligence and Operations Center (SIOC) which is responsible for detecting, analyzing and responding to any suspicious cyber security activity across business and operational networks. The SOC is a critical team within broader Information Security team which is led by Vice President - Chief Information Security Officer.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Formal IT Security/Network Certification such as SANS GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) or SANS GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA) or SANS GIAC Continuous Monitoring (GMON) or related Degree
• 6 years of Information Technology experience, with at least 4 years of experience in information security working within security operations
• Security Operations Center (SOC) experience
• Deep knowledge of log, network, and system forensic investigation techniques
• Deep knowledge of diverse operating systems, networking protocols, and systems administration
• Deep knowledge of commercial forensic tools
• Deep knowledge of common indicators of compromise and of methods for detecting these incidents
• Deep knowledge of IT core infrastructure and cyber security components/devices
• Deep knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and knowledge of the OSI model
• Deep knowledge of OS management and Network Devices
• Deep knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
• Deep knowledge of Antivirus Systems
• Intelligence driven defense utilizing the Cyber Kill Chain
• Significant experience monitoring threats via a SIEM console
• Significant experience performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources, to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, or intrusion prevention logs
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills - ability to de-construct problems
• Strong customer service skills and decision-making skills
• Significant experience with packet analysis (Wireshark) and Malware analysis preferred
• Working knowledge of infrastructure preferred
• IBM QRadar and Dell SecureWorks experience preferred
• Candidate must have familiarity with regulatory requirements, such as NERC/CIP, NIST SP 800, SOX, etc Desired:
• Utility Industry experience
• Experience with scripting in Perl/Python/Ruby/PowerShell
• Experience with network and desktop-based and server-based forensics
• Malware reverse engineering skills
Personal Attributes: • Strong sense of professionalism and ethics. • Acts with integrity and communicates honestly and openly • Ability to build rapport and cooperation among teams and internal stakeholders • Respects others and demonstrates fair treatment to all • Methodical and detail oriented • Self motivated • Actively seeks to enhance the group through the sharing of knowledge
Major Areas of Responsibility/Tasks • Perform hunting for malicious activity across the network and digital assets • Respond to computer security incidents and conduct threat analysis • Identify and act on malicious or anomalous activity • Conducts analysis using a variety of tools and data sets to identify indicators of malicious activity on the network • Perform detailed investigation and response activities for potential security incidents • Provide accurate and priority driven analysis on cyber activity/threats • Perform payload analysis of packets • Detonate malware to assist with threat research • Recommends implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls • Ensures all pertinent information is obtained to allow for the identification, containment, eradication, and recovery actions to occur in a time sensitive environment • Collaborates with technical and threat intelligence analysts to provide indications and warnings, and contributes to predictive analysis of malicious activity • Develop innovative monitoring and detection solutions using tools and other skillsets suchas scripting • Mentor junior staff in cybersecurity techniques and processes • Create and continuously improve standard operating procedures used by the SOC • Resolve or coordinate the resolution of cyber security events • Monitor incoming event queues for potential security incidents • Create, manage, and dispatch incident tickets • Monitor external event sources for security intelligence and actionable incidents • Maintain incident logs with relevant activity • Document investigation results, ensuring relevant details are passed to senior analysts and stakeholders • Participate in root cause analysis or lessons learned sessions • Write technical articles for knowledge sharing • Establish and maintain excellent working relationships/partnerships with the cyber security and infrastructure support teams throughout the Information Technology organization, as well as business units
Please feel free to send your questions on my way at email@example.com/ 510 585 1527 ©, if you would like to learn more of this need. Thank you.
Raju | eTouch Systems | Desk phone: +1.510.795.4800 X 159 Cell phone: +1.510.585.1527| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: +1.510.795.4803 | URL: www.etouch.net Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/graju/
Custom Development Solutions | Integration & Support Services | Professional Services
6627 Dumbarton Circle | Fremont, CA 94555