Back to Jobs
Role: System Engineer
Duration: 12+ months
No.of positions: 2
About the Role
We need a capable and amiable engineer that loves learning new technology and using it to deliver sustainable business value. We need you to help drive leading edge software platforms on private and public clouds enabling quicker software development cycles and delivering secure, highly available, and scalable solutions with minimal maintenance. This position demands broad understanding and solid performance.
Expected responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
Work with multiple teams to design, deploy, and support large scale clustered software platforms in multiple datacenters and public clouds around the world
Deliver highly secure and efficient solutions within comprehensive compliance regulations (including SOC2, ISO27001, HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
Integrate diverse technologies in multiple environments to provide monitoring, alerting, and reporting of performance and costs
Work in an agile operations framework, balancing sprint-based work with daily operational needs
Troubleshoot and resolve system outages or performance impact, and communicate findings for ongoing improvement
Participate in an on-call rotation to handle escalated issues
Work with third-party hardware and software vendors to recommend solutions and drive performance/cost efficiency
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience or capability in the following areas:
· Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of experience with Linux, including large scale OS deployment and automation
· 3+ years software engineering experience, including multiple development languages (Python, Go preferred)
· Ability to recommend, design, build, and support complicated solutions at scale
· Understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols and related technologies
· Experience in private datacenter infrastructure desired
· Experience with cluster technologies desired (Mesos, Kubernetes preferred)
· Experience building orchestration and automation solutions desired (Jenkins, SaltStack preferred)
· Knowledge of software version control systems and release management (Git preferred)
· Excellent written and verbal communication
About Our Ideal Candidate
Passionate about designing and supporting complex IT systems while also being able to manage day-to-day infrastructure operations.
Analytical with the ability to troubleshoot complex system problems, to assess/resolve system performance problems, and can troubleshoot situations looking for all the options and turning over every rock to find the best solution.
Eager to learn, able to take guidance, and able to understand that there is always more to learn.
Ability to work hard as a member of a small team that is asked to do a lot, while always remaining customer focused.
Can work well as part of a cross-functional team of developers and operations.
Is able to manage time properly such that commitments are communicated and then met.
Demonstrated ability to turn design, compliance, and support references/content into documentation, presentations, and training.
Established in 1998, eTouch Systems is a technology services company that specializes in Digital Web Engineering. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth for Global 1000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations. We partner with leading global hi-tech enterprises to service their business and technology needs. currently working with our direct clients including VMware, Intuit, Cisco, Yahoo, Sony, Google, PG&E & Kaiser amongst others enabling the success of their Software as well as IT infrastructure development initiatives through the quality of our consultants.
510 795 4800 X 159