Back to Jobs
Test Automation Engg
Established in 1998, eTouch Systems is a technology services company that specializes in Digital Web Engineering. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth for Global 1000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations. We partner with leading global hi-tech enterprises to service their business and technology needs.
We are looking for Tech Automation Engg for one of our projects with a Client at Palo Alto, CA. Please let me know if you are currently available to take up positions. If not, please feel free to forward it to anyone you know who may be interested.
· Create progressive solutions to solve complex test automation
· Collaborate with the QA team to architect, develop, and maintain
an innovative test automation system for the organization, with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals.
· Apply Development and QA Best Practices and actively look for
process improvement opportunities.
· Develop and maintain automated test systems.
· Mentor and assist QA Engineers in the use of automation tools.
· Maintain test environments and test automation systems
(install/update software on remote and/or virtual systems).
· Provide feedback to internal teams on application flexibility,
consistency, and user-friendliness, and provide information to help business stakeholders make the best decisions possible.
· Provide the team with risk assessment and risk mitigation
· Research, analyze, report, and track defects through completion.
Skills & Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or an
equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· 5+ years of development / test automation experience, preferably with complex web applications using Ruby or other OO languages.
· 3+ years of experience working specifically in or with QA teams.
· 3+ years of experience with SQL (MySQL preferred).
· Knowledge of Windows / Linux / OS X operating systems is a plus.
· Familiarity with Agile development principles is a plus.
· Desire to learn from and mentor other team members, including paired programming practices.
· Demonstrated ability to become a subject matter expert.
· Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment practices, tools and trends.
· Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V, OpenStack, etc. preferred.
· Understanding of SaaS infrastructure and components (RDBMS, Web and Application Servers, Queues, Caching, etc.).
· Experience with Ruby is preferred.
· Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails and ability to read and interpret intent in a large application is a huge plus.
· Experience with source code revision control systems such a GIT or SVN.
· Highly detail oriented and well organized.
· Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to identify small inconsistencies throughout a complex system.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team.
· Must be self-motivated and take initiative in performing tasks and growing skills and knowledge.
· Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and written, to team members and management.