Back to Jobs
Palo alto, CA.
• Work as part of team to deliver on enterprise class software that provides centralized management for hyper converged product in data centers.
• Collaborate with stake holders across different functional component teams on requirements and respond with deliverables in agile methodology for frequent releases. (Agile/Scrum)
• Work closely with project team members (architects, Product Management, Functional QA, System Test), and coordinate all aspects of the projects including core VMware product integrations.
• Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical problems and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science and minimum of 5+ years of software development experience is required
• 5+ years of hand-on experience with Python (or similar scripting language) is required.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java programming is required.
• Experience with programming with REST APIs is required.
• Ability to communicate, discuss, document and present, design and technical ideas to a team of highly skilled engineers. Drive good software design patterns for consistency, code quality and supportability.
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure hardware like rack servers, network switches and different types of firmware upgrades for server components (bios, storage firmware etc) is a plus.
• Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
• Experience in software development technologies including Java backend frameworks (Spring), databases (Cassandra, Postgress), open source tools for cloud infrastructure automation
• Automation of large scale server rack systems for firmware/bios and software updates.
• Experience with VMware SDK and APIs
• Experience with VMware suite of products from a usage point of view
• Experience and knowledge of data center automation tools.
510.795.4800 X 159